Hosted by the Co-operative Party, this is a major policy conference based in the North East rather than the South East!
This is also the International Year of Co-operatives.
Chaired by Stephen Hughes MEP, Durham.
- Martin Gannon - Deputy Leader of Gateshead Council
- Nick Forbes - Leader of Newcastle Council
- Alejandro Cercas - MEP, Spain, Employment and Social Affairs
- Pervenche Beres - MEP, France, Employment and Social Affairs
- Judith Kirton-Darling - ETUC
- Erica Mezger - Eurofound, An independent European Policy Foundation
Discussions will include
- Youth Unemployment reversal
- Long term unemployment addressed
- Strong and effective government
- Localising decision making
- Co-operatives and socially responsible enterprises
- Growth and the rebuttal of austerity
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, Tyne & Wear NE8 1HH
Google map and directions