Campaign update n°4
Thanks to your work, our campaign continues to build momentum. Your actions continue to deliver great results.
Thanks to you the campaign for a European Youth Guarantee is more and more visible and is gaining more and more support.
- PES Women Annual conference debated the gender perspective of youth unemployment. Under the slogan “Combating young women’s unemployment” over 100 participants have analysed the specific causes of young women’s unemployment and discussed solutions to tackle it, such as gender budgeting, equal access to green jobs and reconciliation of private and professional life
- During the PES Congress ministers, experts and campaign supporters celebrated the campaign achievments so far (watch the video); We also committed to doubling our efforts on the campaign for the rest of the year
- French President François Hollande and Austrian Chancellor Werner Faymann have given us an enormous boost by publicly speaking out for a European Youth Guarantee
- During the open days of the Committee of the Regions, the PES Group organized a full day workshop on youth unemployment. Watch the videos of high level regional representatives giving their support
- In Belgium, MEP Frédéric Daerden presented the campaign to young socialists gathering in Herstal
- In Bulgaria, campaign supporters from all over the country gathered in Yambol to debate how to stop youth emigration due to the lack of work and how young people can find jobs in times of crisis
You too can join the thousands of campaigners calling for a European Youth Guarantee. Remember, your support is key to tackle youth unemployment in Europe!
"The Alternatives to Austerity Debated" - Durham, UK
Meeting on Youth Guarantee - Clermont Ferrand, France
30 November - 1 October
"Real jobs guarantee" conference - Notthingham, UK